1. What is your favorite movie starring William Powell and Myrna Loy, excluding all of The Thin Man films?
Libeled Lady (1936). Cast: Jean Harlow, William Powell (who were romantically involved at the time), Myrna Loy and Spencer Tracy. The movie was written by George Oppenheimer, Howard Emmett Rogers, Wallace Sullivan and Maurine Dallas Watkins. Directed by Jack Conway. The film was remade as Easy to Wed (1946) with Esther Williams, Van Johnson, and Lucille Ball.
2. Great one-shot film team.
Katherine Hepburn and John Wayne, in the film.. Rooster Cogburn(1975). Loved the banter between these two older characters. This movie is the sequel to the film, True Grit(1969).
3. Best Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers film?
4. Favorite "Robert"?
5. An actor/actress who, when you see one of their movies, you always wish that someone else was in his/her role?
6. An actor/actress that someone close to you really loves that you can't stand or vice versa?
I really do not care for, Arnold Schwarzenegger. My husband seems to like all of his films.
7. An actor/actress that you both agree on completely?
To name a couple, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.
8. Virginia O'Brien is to Ethel Merman as...
Anna Nicole Smith to Zsa Zsa Gabor
9. Favorite Ray Milland?
Dial M for Murder(1954). Directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Ray Milland plays a retired tennis pro who makes plans to have his wife killed. Grace Kelly plays the wife.
10. Favorite movie of the 1960s?
Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961). Cast:Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard, Patricia Neal, Buddy Ebsen, Martin Balsam, and Mickey Rooney. It was loosely based on the novel of the same name by Truman Capote. Hepburn's portrayal of Holly Golightly as the naive, eccentric woman is generally considered to be the actress's most memorable role. Hepburn's performance of "Moon River" helped composer Henry Mancini and lyricist Johnny Mercer win an Oscar for Best Song.
11. An actor/actress that you would take out of one film and put into a different movie that was released the same year?
I would like to take Gene Tierney out of the film( pictured above)Tobacco Road(1941) and put into the movie, High Sierra (1941). Film noir written by W.R. Burnett and John Huston from the novel by Burnett. Cast: Ida Lupino and Humphrey Bogart and was directed by Raoul Walsh on location at Whitney Portal, Mount Whitney.
12. Favorite of Robert Montgomery's leading ladies?
13. You think it would have been a disaster if what movie starred the actor/actress who was originally asked to star in it?
14. An actor/actress who you will watch in any or almost any movie?
15. Your favorite Leslie Howard film and role?
16. Four Barbara Stanwyck films?
Double Indemnity, Meet John Doe, Sorry Wrong number, Executive Suite.
17. Perfect comedy? Why?
Bell Book Candle. Kim Novak, at the peak of her career and plays a beautiful witch. (James Stewart) moves in upstairs, and the trouble.. I mean, the fun begins. Great cast of comic actors very entertaining and a huge contrast to Novak and Stewart's earlier pairing (the same year) in Hitchcock's "Vertigo". I think it is worth seeing.
18. You will brook no criticism of what film?
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir(1947). Is about a young widow who rents a Cottage, near a fishing village. The cottage is haunted by the ghost of a sea captain.
19. Favorite Irish actress?
20. Favorite 1940s Ginger Rogers?
The Major and the Minor. A woman disguises herself as a young girl to save on a train fare and is taken in charge by an army man who doesn't notice the truth.
21. Do you enjoy silent movies?
Yes, Please check out my blog:).
22. Favorite Bette Davis film?
Dark Victory. A socialite is diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour, and must decide how to live in her final days.
23. Favorite onscreen Hollywood couple?
Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.
24. Favorite Hollywood costume designer?
25. Favorite tough action film?
Rio Bravo. The film was shot at Old Tucson Studios, just outside Tucson, Arizona. Rio Bravo is best known as one of Hawk's best films.
26. You are currently gaining a greater appreciation for which actor(s)/actress(es)?
27. Franchot Tone: yes or no?
28. Underrated actors and/or actresses?
29. Overrated actors and/or actresses?
30. Favorite actor?
31. Favorite actress?
33. Favorite movie from each of these genres:
Comedy: The Egg and I
Swashbuckler: The Adventures Of Robin Hood
Film noir: Leave Her To Heaven
Musical: Singin' In The Rain
Holiday: Christmas In Connecticut